March 1, 2009

Food Storage Links

I haven't checked these out yet, but thought I'd pass them along. They're from my in-law's RS. Thanks again, Rach, for setting this up!

Canning Butter? You CAN do it!
Here is a link that shows step by step procedure for canning butter. We don't seem to need a pressure cooker. If this works, we will sure be saving a lot as compared to the price "they" are charging for it. I also will try to send you a link for some site about water purifiers. I have been thinking a lot about that....one step at a time.Here are the butter instructions:http://simplicityfirst.wordpress.com/2008/04/24/canning-butter/

Baking With Solar Power
This is the Solar Oven we like:
http://www.thesustainablevillage.com/servlet/display/product/detail/35513

Some links to study Solar Cooking
http://www.rpc.com.au/products/appliances/cookers/solar-cookers-faq.htmlhttp://solarcookers.org/

Water
This web site is the one I really like. This is a water pasturization unit that I am wondering if we could duplicate with mylar bags from the cannery and the purchase of a WAPI
http://www.sustainablevillage.com/servlet/display/product/detail/35515 AquaPak Solar

Water Pasteurizer
The AquaPak solar pasteurizes four to five liters of water at a time, up to 15 liters per day. Simply fill with water and lay it on a flat surface in the sun. A built-in WAPI ... The Water Pasturization indicator we got:http://65.108.108.197/catalog/waterpasteurizationindicatorwapi-p-42.html

No comments: